St Peter's Residents' Association
26 February 2014
PLEASE NOTE: This information is somewhat out of date and will be revised in the near future.If you have any useful contact information let us know and we will include it here.
Member of Parliament: Julian Brazier MP Conservative, Canterbury
Council: Canterbury City Council Tel: 01227 862000
Council Local Information Web Site: Canterbury Local Info
Local Councilors: Westgate area (all Libdem)
• Graham Wood. Tel: 01227 472 932 Email
• James Derek Flanagan. Tel: 01227 750146 Email
• Ida Ann Linfield. Tel: 01227 750146 Email
Neighbourhood Policing Team
Tel: 762055 (Canterbury Police Station) for all incidents and reports of crime and disturbance. Please obtain and record the crime report number. You can also ring this number regarding anti social behaviour incidents and you will be re-directed to the appropriate authority. This number is actually directed to the Maidstone Force Control Centre which is on 01622 690690. Or new national number 101.
Tel: 289260 (open 9:00am to 5.00pm) This is the local Public Safety unit which is a joint venture between the Police and the City Council for all Anti Social Behaviour incidents. These include Litter, Rubbish, Fly-tipping, Graffiti, Vandalism, Groups hanging around, Nuisance neighbours, Intimidation, Harassment, Rowdy behaviour, Abandoned vehicles, Street drinking, Aggressive begging, Crack houses, Drug dealing, Prostitution and Kerb crawling.
• Obstruction of pavements by advertising signs etc. Kent Highways Dept at Maidstone Tel 0845 824 7800 (Canterbury City Council have nothing to do with this!!).
Vehicular Infringements• CPZ infringements - ring 862429 if non-permit holders are parked in your street
• Abandoned vehicles - ring 862203
• You can get free removal of Graffiti on private houses up to 4 times a year and up to twice a year for commercial properties. First, preferably, but not essentially, ring the police on 01622 690690 to report the incident and say you are a member of Neighbourhood Watch and get a crime report number. The police and the council maintain a database of affected properties which they use to monitor trends and for use as possible evidence. Then ring Serco on 0800 031 9091 or Street Scene on 862211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the work. You will have to fill in an indemnity form which they can send you or download it from HERE They will probably carry out the work within a few days. They will paint over rendered finishes and use a combination of paint stripper and high pressure water jet for brickwork.
Refuse & recycling collection (Street Scene)
• 862 211 City Council
• 862 253 City Council Street Scene
• 862 202 City Council Environmental Protection
• 0800 031 9091 Serco
Street Lighting, Pavements, Potholes etc. Again, this is nothing to do with Canterbury City Council!
• 0845 824 7800 Kent Highways Agency (An incident report number should be obtained for follow-up)
• South East Water -was Mid Kent Water (your water supply company)
Web Site is: South East Water
South East Water Leak Line
• Ring 08458 50 60 60 or 0800 614366 to report leaking water mains
Some local web links
www.aroundcanterbury.co.uk Around Canterbury Web Site
cantweb Lots of local information and links
Residents Card holders offers Two for one meal offers and special discounts
Some interesting web links
Kent Trading Standards Web Site (Look at the 'Kent Act' which regulates the sale of second hand goods)