All Saints Lane
Black Griffin Lane
High St. (part)
St Alphege Lane
St John's Place
St Peter's Grove
St Peter's Lane
St Peter's Place
St Peter's Street
St Radigund's Pl
St Radigund's St
Westgate Hall Rd
St Peter's Residents' Association
Updated 12 April 2018
The St Peter's Residents' Association (SPA) is a voluntary association representing the interests of people living in the St Peter's, Northgate, Blackfriars and adjoining areas of Canterbury as per the "OUR ROADS" schedule. We are not allied to any political party, commercial organisation or pressure group, and our funding relies entirely on the subscriptions from our members and fund raising events.
If you live within the roads shown below, please join our Association and help us to represent your views and concerns with local authorities.
Membership of SPA is £4 per person or £6 per household. Click HERE or the 'HOW TO JOIN' button for a printable membership application slip. The membership fee includes for membership of the St Peter's Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
Items that we have been actively involved in include:
- Fighting various licensing hours proposals
- Addition of posts in King St to protect the pavements from vehicle mounting.
- Traffic and parking schemes including the Palace St and Northgate enhancements
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Planning applications including The 4-6 Orange St restaurant, The St John's Coach Park proposals, The Beaney Institute and The Marlowe Theatre
- Solly’s Orchard. Planting of roses along the perimeter wall and its upkeep
- Further planting and upkeep of beds.
- Listing of the weir gates at the end of Solly's Orchard
This web site will be regularly updated with local news. We publish and distribute to each household a regular newsletter which includes local news updates and Neighbourhood Watch warnings about local crime. This will be by email or by printed copies to those members without a computer. Our AGM is in April each year. We organise occasional quiz nights and a Christmas social event.
Street map of Canterbury with The St Peter's Residents' Association area in yellow.
Thanks to Canterbury City Council for permission to use their City Map
GO TO TOP OF PAGE